Saturday, September 20, 2008

New Beginnings!


"The Lord is good to me and so I thank the Lord!!!"

As many of you may know, I will be going back to Mozambique in October to once again partner with IRIS Ministries in bringing the love and hope of Jesus to orphans, widows, and the poor. I have had such an amazing time the past seven months reconnecting with friends & family and resting. One day I just cried as I realized how good the Lord has been to me. He has restored my natural family to me during this time and also my church family. I was able to spend 5 weeks with my church and friends in Maine and was so blessed by the renewal of relationships and support from my "family" there.

After returning to the States in March, I started praying about my next step in ministry, and every time I prayed I would see Mozambican faces. I didn't know if this was the Lord or just me, as I still had such a great love for these people. As time progressed I began to realize that the Lord was giving me more of His heart for the people of Mozambique. He reminded me of ideas that He had put in my heart to help the people become more self-sustaining in order to be able to care for the orphans in their own communities. One thing that I believe the Lord wil have me be involved in is agriculture, such as starting vegetable gardens, and raising chickens, and goats. I love gardening and have been researching ideas for ways of growing veggies in the mostly hot, dry climate of the area we live in. I see myself sitting with the people in the villages and learning what already works for them in growing different foods, and then giving advice on the ideas I have found that may help increase their crops.

The Lord has renewed my vision during the past months, and He says it's time now to step out. Yeah!! Initially I will be staying in Pemba in order to renew my resident document and link up with a team of people from IRIS to go out and start a new children's center. I don't know any details yet of who will be on the team or what village we might be going to, but I am so excited for the next step of this great adventure with my Jesus. As a friend recently said, I will be "living on the edge" and allowing the Lord to guide my steps. What an amazing opportunity to have my faith built! :)

Please be praying for me as I get ready to go home and reunite with my Mozambican family. I leave Maryland on Sunday, Oct. 12th and arrive in Pemba on Tuesday, the 14th. Thank you to all of you who have given clothing for the children and finances for my trip back to Mozambique. I am so blessed by your generosity and love. May the Lord coninue to pour out His abundance of love and mercy on you as you remember His Mozambican treasures!! .....Galatians 2:10

1 comment:

Linda said...

I will be praying for you Tanya..& sending many many blessings your way!! :)